As with any event, volunteers are the key to our success. Your assistance and support to add to the efforts of the above team is appreciated and greatly needed in order for our event to run smoothly.
Whether riding or not, we can use your help & help from family/friends from Wednesday – Sunday even if only for 3-4 hours.
In exchange for your valued time, we are offering the following Rewards Program as a thank-you.
We have assembled more than $2,000.00 in prizes to be awarded on a draw basis for all volunteers ranging from cycling related items to restaurant gift certificates.
– entry to the BiagiosFondoFesta [great food + complimentary soft-drink ticket]
– a pair of GranFondoOttawa custom socks or cap
– entries into our prize draw
– special post ride appreciation party at The ClockTower on Richmond Rd
List of Volunteer Duties
As for volunteers, here is where we are as of July 6th the list will be updated daily.
- Wednesday, July 20 at 6PM-9PM to prep rider bags [ x 8 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Event chip + kit pick up on Thursday July 21 from 4PM to 9PM [ x 12 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Event chip + kit pick up on Friday July 22 from Noon to 9PM [ x 12 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Venue set-up on Friday July 22 from 4PM to 8PM [ x 8 volunteers ]: I Love Lungs Team
- Route set up & tear down on Saturday, July 23 for the 4 ride options from 6AM until 2PM [x 8 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Welcomers on Saturday, July 23 from 6AM to 10AM for GiorneJaveFesta [ x 8 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Greeters and support on Saturday, July 23 from 11AM to 4PM [ x 20 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Servers for BiagiosFondoFesta from 11A
M until 4PM [ x4 volunteers]: working with BiagiosItalianKitchen
- Ticket sales for food and beverage items [x 4 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Merchandise / gear sales [ x 4 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Support at start/finish site 12:00PM – 8PM [ x 10 volunteers]: I Love Lungs Team
- Feed Stations – Start/Finish
- – Richcraft Recreation Complex, 4101 Innovation Dr, Kanata North [7AM]
– Horseshoe Bay, corner of Greenland Rd/Armitage Dr [7:30AM- 11AM]
– Dunrobin Community Center, 1151 Thomas Dolan Parkway [7:45AM- Noon]
– Penny’s Fudge Factory, 6814 Harbour St, Fitzroy Harbour [8:30AM- Noon]
– Cavanaugh Pit, Yong Rd @ Concession 10 Rd, Arnprior [9AM- 1PM]
– Neat Foods/Cafe, 1715 Calabogie Rd, Burnstown [9:30AM- 4PM]
– Shooter’s Bar & Grill, 4988 Calabogie Rd, Calabogie [10AM-3PM]
– Gourley’s Variety, 1564 ON #132, Renfrew/Ferguslea [10:30AM-3:30PM]
– Five Span Bridge Park, 4916 Kinburn Side Rd, Pakenham [10AM-5PM]
– Thomas Dolan Pkwy at Carp Rd [South West corner at stop sign] [10:30AM- 5:30PM]
– Second Line Rd at Old Carp Rd [North West corner at stop sign] [9:30AM- 6PM]
– Richcraft Recreation Complex, 4101 Innovation Dr, Kanata North [7AM-7PM]
- Traffic co-ordination [x20 volunteers]: working with OPS [16 volunteers]
- First aid certified : FirstAid4U
- Beer garden (must have online course) [x 8 volunteers]: working with ClockTowerBrePub
- Van driver/helper for FeedStation set-up [x 4 volunteers]:
- Info/communication at Start/Finish area [x 2 volunteers]:
- Medical/doctor [x 2 volunteers]: